Saturday, September 13, 2008

Roughin' it


A few weekends ago Mom, Katie, Maryn, Chloe, Ethan, and Tori all decided to go camping up Santaquin Canyon in honor of Maryn's 25th birthday. The weather was great, the scenery perfect and the company pure entertainment! Dad, Grandma Mary (GG) and Adam would show up every now and then to enjoy the festivities but then seemed to have a reason to go back down into town. Ya, that reason would be, um . . .their beds!!! I don't blame them though. The fun began on Friday afternoon and lasted until Sunday. There was fun in the river, s'mores galore, pet rocks named and cared for, shooting with grandpa (YES! Even Ethan can do it as a lefty!) and lots of memories made. As kids we used to always go camping with our trailer up the canyon. Although there were no trailers this time and it got a little frigid at night, there were definitely some good times! Maybe next time something REALLY cool can happen - like a bear or skunk visiting!
P.S. Mom has all the pictures on her camera and as you may notice, she somehow "forgot" to email me any with her in them! I KNOW she had some because I saw them. Hand 'em over mamacita!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a slide show. I am SOOO proud of you. mom

Jenna said...

Camping is always an adventure. That's awesome that you guys did that together. That makes for some good memories!!