Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SNOW??


This past Labor Day weekend we had quite the variety in weather forecasts. I felt like I was back in Bolivia where there is all four seasons in one day! I went back home to visit the parents and enjoy some time away from the heat of Southern Utah (it was 106 degrees when I pulled out of St. George on Friday afternoon!). Saturday in Provo was warm, pretty nice actually. Everyone was complaining of the heat but considering where I just came from I was loving life. Sunday was cold, windy and by the late afternoon we were starting to think Gustav had made the long trek to visit Happy Valley. All evening there were flash flood warnings for major parts of Utah. I woke up on Monday to a down pour. It eventually turned into hail and then snow. YES I said SNOW!!! September 1st and there was snow! Me and mom couldn't believe that it had stuck around clear until that afternoon when the sun had come out and decided to stay. I'm telling you, it was weird and probably won't ever happen again in August. But then again the BYU cougars won their game so I guess miracles CAN happen!