Thursday, February 19, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun!

Well kiddos, here we go again. Another "sisters weekend" has come and gone and we are sad it is over. Maryn and Katie decided they needed some sunshine to make it through the last few months of winter so they visited sunny, warm southern Utah. Because it was a long weekend they were able to stay with Brooke for almost three whole days which was FANTASTIC. All we were missing was Holly! What did we do while we were all together? Well since you asked . . . here you go!

Photobucket
We did pretty much nothing! A mother of three little rascals could think of nothing better than sitting around watching movies, hanging out, shopping, sleeping in and reading. I think Katie finished an entire book the first day. Here we were at Target, one of Brooke's favorite stores. Katie had fun trying on all the hats and Maryn quickly decided to join in on the fun. We all were laughing pretty hard.

Posted by Picasa
Here are the 5, yes count them, FIVE movies we watched. And what can you expect from a bunch of girls but some CHICK FLICKS!! Actually, each of these movies had not been previously viewed by at least one of us so that's why we chose them. Ah, good times! In addition to watching the movies we also became good friends with Doug Wilson. Those TLC fans out there know who I'm talking about.

Posted by Picasa
He is the host of the show MOVING UP and we sat there and watched episode after episode. Katie LOVES that show and misses having that channel. We would be sitting there watching it and get through about 40 minutes of it when Katie would choose to inform us that she had already seen it! And that didn't happen once or twice. We're talking MULTIPLE times. The thing is, she loved watching them even though she knew what was going to happen. The very last one we watched she hadn't seen before. We weren't going to watch it but decided to in her honor so at least she could see a new one.


One night we went to Walmart to get things to make fruit pizza. This video might give you some sort of idea what that "quick" trip entailed.


Photobucket
On the last day Brooke's roommate, McKenna came back from visiting her family for the weekend. She decided to join us in our traditional trip to Chili's. Three words for you: Quesadilla Explosion Salad. Enough said.

Photobucket
We all knew Christmas had passed but Katie just couldn't resist this photo op. What girls do when they get together . . .


Photobucket
As we said goodbye we had to take one last picture. As you can see, our true thoughts and feelings were expressed. We all had a great time and wish we didn't have to go face reality. Things that stick out in our minds about this trip:
1. Everyone staying in bed until at least 10am each day.
2. Our interesting trip to Kohl's. I hear they have a nicely decorated bathroom Maryn!
3. The Crazy Taco (El Pollo Loco) - as Maryn calls it.
4. TMI
5. Maryn's excitement to squeegee Brooke's shower.
6. Katie wondering about the dip within 5 minutes of arriving (I guess it's now tradition).
7. Dad calling to tell us to keep it down "down there". . . like he can hear us!
8. Enjoying the sunshine outside.
9. SULPHUR PITS (gosh Maryn!)
10. Pumba

Photobucket
Thanks for visiting my sistahs. Come back again soon.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have to admit I have been checking the blog daily to see if you had added pictures! WOW! How did you change the photo's like that that Santa one was smokin hot! I cannot wait to come visit again!

Marynhunter said...

Brooke, I love you my sister! I'm with Katie... I have been checking every day to see what you have come up with. Boy do I love that Pumba! (wait is that how you spell it?) Anyways, thanks for letting us come. The dip, chips, M&M's, oreos, chocolate milk, wheat thins, & mini wheats were fantastic... oh and the bathroom at Kohl's!!