Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So cool!

I got a phone call tonight. It was 7 year old Tori. She's been working super hard in 2nd grade on her reading. Well when she called she had BIG news. This is how it played out:

T: Hi Aunt Brooke
B: What's up Tori?!
T: So I have news for you.
B: Oh, that's exciting. Let me have it . . .
T: I went up another reading level today.
B: HOLY COW, SERIOUSLY? ( this response due to the fact that she has been going up, and up, and up)
T: Yep. I don't know how I did it but I did.

So the big news is that Tori is at a 30 reading level. It might not seem like that big of a deal but to a 2nd grader who is now on a 3rd grade reading level, it is HUGE!!!! Way to go sis, we're proud of you! Keep reading!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Brooke- I just wanted to thankyou for being so great! No really! Tori was so excited she came home and told me and then she said Mom I need to call Brooke! I appreciate it so much that you encourage her to do well in school. Thanks for being such a good Teacher, Sister and Aunt! We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tori! I love to read, your mother loves to read, and now YOU love to read. It must be hereditary. The more you read, the smarter you become - so keep working hard.

Grandma