As you can see St. George got a HUGE blizzard thrown their way on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. I think by the end of it we got a whoppin' 2 inches on the ground! Wednesday night (with nothing coming down outside, mind you) I got a phone call from my principal letting me know school was canceled for the next day. Are you freakin' kidding me?!?!?!?!?! He assured me it was NOT a joke and that because of all the snow we couldn't have school. I just sat there, stunned. As a kid we would go out to recess with FEET of snow on the ground. I just couldn't believe it. So yesterday we had a snow day. Except by noon there wasn't one flake of snow on the ground so how can it really be called that? Some teachers were so excited to have a day off but I was ticked! You see, over the break students seem to get amnesia and "forget" EVERYTHING we have done over the last few months. We needed to finish up a math chapter and take a test on it not to mention finish up our long-processed, home-made Christmas presents including the much anticipated event of wrapping and using the "way fun and cool" curly ribbon! Without school how could that be done? It took me only a few minutes to get over the whole "I'm freaking out because there isn't enough time to get everything done" attitude and I sat back and put in a movie. I ended up sleeping in, cleaning my house, cooked, wrapped presents, went shopping, and synched songs onto my iPod. Looking back on it that was the best snow day I've ever had! Too bad we have to make that day up at the end of the school year. It's going to make for a VERY long month of May.
Four Months In, And....
3 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment