Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving in New Mexico


We had Thanksgiving at the Garcia house this year. It was fun to see the dishes served in the Hispanic culture, but I must admit I did not partake of the pigs feet! Martin's best friend, James, showed up unexpectedly. They haven't seen each other for five years, so it was a nice surprise. Plus, we were lucky to have Martin's sister Cynthia, and his neice Marina here for a whole week. We went to the zoo, shopping, and even had time to hang out in the hot tub. I sure am grateful this year for the chance to be with family, even when I'm not home with the Porter family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brooke for keeping the blog going. I love looking at this cause you do such a great job! Plus, it's a great way for Martin to see things the family is doing and feel connected. Can you invite him to the blog again? For some reason it says he needs a password. His email is mgarcianm@yahoo.com. Thanks!