Okay, okay, so it is already November and I am just now getting the Halloween pictures on the blog. I would first like to say that I was quite impressed with the quick response of my siblings in getting me pictures of their exciting day. By the looks of things, everyone had a fabulous time! It only took a few death threat emails for them to respond but I am proud and to be honest, shocked that we have something of EVERYONE from the Porter clan in here! I got more from some than others but heck, I'm not complaining! I hope everyone, near or far had a good holiday and enjoyed themselves. After all, you only live once!
Jeff (in Afghanistan) & Tiffany in Virginia: I learned many lessons this year: Halloween is MUCH easier with 2 adults! Ryan enjoys handing out candy more than trick-or-treating. Teenagers do NOT want to spend the night with parents. High schools should NOT schedule football games on Halloween. Jaden could care less about trick-or-treating when he has his own bag of honey candy to eat. Emma will NOT walk up to a door alone. And last but not least . . . I have NO will power when surrounded by chocolate! Happy Halloween!
Halloween is always enjoyable, but it's the kids that make it fun. As a teacher Brooke always dreads the blessed holiday and then is exhausted as she excuses her little witches and goblins at the end of the day. Luckily for her it was early-out day (we love Fridays!) so they were out by 1:15pm. The day wasn't so bad actually. We took our weekly spelling/vocabulary quiz, had a math lesson and did our assignment and then got to change into costumes. That's one nice thing about 4th grade - they are VERY independent. Who needs mom and dad to come help when you're 9? Certainly not us! We watched a Halloween movie, played Halloween BINGO, ate WAY too much food, went outside and participated in the school's costume parade and then went on our merry way! All that while it was 75 degrees outside. Gotta love southern Utah! Note to self: when dressed as a whoopee cushion be prepared to have students want to sit on you!
This is a random mixture of Maryn, Craig & Laura, Katie & Adam, Holly, and Santa. Here is what they all had to say about their exciting adventures:
Maryn in Utah: I was the Twister game!! I went to "Los Hermanos" with Jake, Jamie, Mandy, Trevor, and Nikki (members of Joey's family) for dinner. Some guys that were part of a big group came walking down the stairs and said "SWEET TWISTER!!" Then one of them came up to me, took a spin on my hat and played a bit of Twister. He even took his shoe off and put his foot on a dot on my leg!! It was really funny but I decided that the fun needed to stop before he put a hand in a naughty spot so I said "Game over..." Haha! Then we had a party at the condo with family. Josh, Trisha, Mandy, Jake, Jamie, Trevor, Megan, Nikki, Ashley, and last but not least... ME!! It was so much fun!!
Craig & Laura in California: We were the Matrix Couple, Neo and Trinity. We had a big Halloween bash at our house the week before where a bunch of ward members and friends came. It was a lot of fun. Madi was Betty Boop, Ally was a Spy and Nate was Iron Man. We all went trick or treating with the Hervey's, some good friends of ours!
Maryn in Utah: I was the Twister game!! I went to "Los Hermanos" with Jake, Jamie, Mandy, Trevor, and Nikki (members of Joey's family) for dinner. Some guys that were part of a big group came walking down the stairs and said "SWEET TWISTER!!" Then one of them came up to me, took a spin on my hat and played a bit of Twister. He even took his shoe off and put his foot on a dot on my leg!! It was really funny but I decided that the fun needed to stop before he put a hand in a naughty spot so I said "Game over..." Haha! Then we had a party at the condo with family. Josh, Trisha, Mandy, Jake, Jamie, Trevor, Megan, Nikki, Ashley, and last but not least... ME!! It was so much fun!!
Craig & Laura in California: We were the Matrix Couple, Neo and Trinity. We had a big Halloween bash at our house the week before where a bunch of ward members and friends came. It was a lot of fun. Madi was Betty Boop, Ally was a Spy and Nate was Iron Man. We all went trick or treating with the Hervey's, some good friends of ours!
Katie & Adam in Utah: This year Adam was on a Chinese kick so all of our kids had Asian themed costumes. We had lots of fun at Grandpa and Grandma's Trunk or Treat across the street. Then we had dinner with them. Afterwards we went to our old ward in Spanish Fork to Trick or Treat with friends. It was a fun night!
Holly in New Mexico: We had so much fun dressing up at Bank of the West this year. My Tellers had the great idea of being inmates, and I would be the Warden. They had t-shirts printed up with inmate numbers, and called it the Bear County Work Facility since our mascot is the bear. Unfortunately, I did have one inmate that my deputy and I had to take down for bad behavior.
My friend Kelli came to Albuquerque this weekend, and we had some fun in Old Town. It was nice to have some girl time (no offense to Martin), and we even ate at Sweet Tomatoes and saw a chick flick. Ahhh...good times!
Santa in Utah: Any guesses who this could be? I thought it was a little early for him to be arriving but I guess I was wrong. He was just making a few stops to visit a few kids on Halloween. I hear he had to hurry back to his workshop to make some more toys. He makes me hot just looking at him with that whole get-up on.
So there you have it, our exciting holiday in a nutshell. Brooke would personally like to thank all the little people who contributed to the making of this blog. After all, without kids there would be no Halloween. With no Halloween we wouldn't have needed to take pictures. And without pictures . . . well, come on. Do you really just want to READ a blog? We both know you're here for the pictures! So here's to the little people!
Holly in New Mexico: We had so much fun dressing up at Bank of the West this year. My Tellers had the great idea of being inmates, and I would be the Warden. They had t-shirts printed up with inmate numbers, and called it the Bear County Work Facility since our mascot is the bear. Unfortunately, I did have one inmate that my deputy and I had to take down for bad behavior.
My friend Kelli came to Albuquerque this weekend, and we had some fun in Old Town. It was nice to have some girl time (no offense to Martin), and we even ate at Sweet Tomatoes and saw a chick flick. Ahhh...good times!
Santa in Utah: Any guesses who this could be? I thought it was a little early for him to be arriving but I guess I was wrong. He was just making a few stops to visit a few kids on Halloween. I hear he had to hurry back to his workshop to make some more toys. He makes me hot just looking at him with that whole get-up on.
So there you have it, our exciting holiday in a nutshell. Brooke would personally like to thank all the little people who contributed to the making of this blog. After all, without kids there would be no Halloween. With no Halloween we wouldn't have needed to take pictures. And without pictures . . . well, come on. Do you really just want to READ a blog? We both know you're here for the pictures! So here's to the little people!









1 comment:
great pictures Brooke. If I saw you I would want to sit on you too. Maybe Maryn should have got that guys number!!
Post a Comment