Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Which Team Are You?


For anyone who has read the Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer knows what a big deal it is to choose teams. While I was in California this past week the newest book came out and I was shocked to hear all about the Midnight festivities that were taking place just to buy a copy of a book. I was even more surprised to hear that actual people I knew, better yet related to, were going to participate in the madness! I think everyone in my immediate family has read these books at least once if not more and have tried to convince me (Brooke) to read them as well. Now, being related to me they should know right off that not only do I have zero desire to read about vampires and werewolves but I have my mind made up to not give in to the craze. I won't read them just because everyone else is! Kind of like the whole Harry Potter thing. I still haven't read a single page in that gigantic serious and don't lose any sleep at night because of it. I feel the same way about the Twilight books. After all, does it REALLY matter to my eternal progression?

As I mentioned before, while I was in California Craig, Laura, and Justin were all anxious to get their hands on a copy of the new book and find out what happens to Bella and her love triangle. (Oh yes! Laura gave me the whole synopsis while basking at the beach one day!!!)



Now the big question I have for ya'll is quite simple and requires only one word. . . Which team are you for? Jacob or Edward? As you can tell it's causing quite the feud among people, including my own family members. Maybe when the movie comes out in December they'll have to split the theaters in two - Team Jacob and Team Edward. Now THAT could get exciting!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who says we're all obsessed? I stood in line for an hour on Friday night to get my book at the stroke of midnight, then read until 3 when I finally collapsed. When I finished Breaking Dawn on Saturday, the first thing I did was call Tiffany to discuss the book. I know Holly and Katie have finished and Maryn is in the process. Family bonding -isn't it special? mom

Aubry Wilkes said...

I am totally for team Jacob... [high five Craig] and let me just say that I am only somewhat happy with how she handled his happiness...but I have to say "what an imagination she has"

Peggy Sherratt said...

Edward! This character is by far my favorite fictional character of all....even replacing Aragorn.....sorry LOTR fans! ha!
I have such a HUGE crush!! ha!
and Brooke I am not the vampires....werewolves kinda person either, but I must say when my daughter and daughter-in-law said I HAD to read it...I conformed and was hooked. I can't wait till she comes out with Twilight again in EDWARD's perspective!! oh! And Justin...rock on dude! You have the RIGHT t-shirt on!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll get Jeff a shirt that says "Team Emmett!" Gotta love Emmett! He reminds me of Jeff in many ways. But, if I had to choose, I'd stick with team Edward.

Anonymous said...

hey this is jessica!!
dont even get me started whith the books they are the best books ever to be writen!!( brook that means u HAVE TO read them!!!) as for the Edward VS. Jacob thing i seriously cant make up my mind!!!! (but i love the shirts guy's!!)